- If the players reject the deal
In Act 3 of Baldur’s Gate 3, players can learn that Rafael is currently residing in Sharess’ Caress brothel located in the South Span area of Rivington. He is here to offer the party a deal: he will give the party the Orphic Hammer, an item that can free Orpheus, and in exchange, the party must give him the Crown of Carsus once he defeats the Absolute.
This is a tempting offer, especially for players who love Lae’zel or have chosen her as the protagonist. However, there is more than one way to get the Orphic Hammer Baldur’s Gate 3In this regard, there is also a way to deceive Satan and rob him of his rights.
If the players agree to the deal
- Voss will be pleased with the party and gives the silver sword of Gith to Lae’zel. This is a good enough legendary weapon to be an end game weapon.
- The Emperor would quickly realize what the party had done and be disappointed, but not to the point of changing any future interactions.
- The party can converse with the demon at Devil’s Fee, a shop just west of the cemetery, to infiltrate the House of Hope and destroy the necklace. Players must defeat Raphael before leaving, but doing so will unlock all of the game’s ending options.
- Parties that have the Orphic Hammer can choose between the Emperor or Orpheus during the final confrontation.
- If players attempt to control the Ultimate, their contract with Raphael will be due.
- If Raphael obtains the Crown of Carsus, Gale cannot reforge it or give it to Mystra.
If the players reject the deal
- Raphael will remain in Sharess’ Cares, giving the party a chance to accept the deal in the future.
- Voss will be annoyed at the party, but he will be reassured if the players tell him that they plan to steal the Orphic Hammer. He will wait in the sewer area and give Lazel the silver sword if they bring him the hammer.
- The Emperor would be pleased with the party’s decision, but not to the extent of altering future interactions.
- The party can infiltrate the House of Hope to steal the Orphic Hammer instead of holding the party. The task is identical regardless of which item the party needs to take from the archive.
- If the group does not have the Orphic Hammer during the game’s end sequence, the only option available will be the Emperor.
- If the party is not bound by contract with Raphael, they can choose to control or destroy the Absolute and what Gale has to do with the crown of Carsus.
In the end, the bigger question is whether or not players want to infiltrate the House of Hope. Doing so will result in one of the toughest optional boss fights in the game, but it will also give players the most options when it comes to their endgame choices. If players want to enter the House of Hope, they must accept the deal. Doing so will result in Lae’zel obtaining the silver sword much sooner, and everything else will be done the same way.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Available now on macOS and PC, coming to PS5 on September 6th.
More: Best Dungeons & Dragons strategy games, ranked