Diet for women before and after losing 50 pounds

Diet for women before and after losing 50 pounds

General Cohen before and after losing 50 pounds.
General Cohen

  • General Cohen lost 50 pounds and kept the weight off for seven years.
  • She says she did not cut out any foods but ate a small calorie deficit.
  • Cohen shared her average eating day before and after weight loss.

For years, General Cohen was either constrained or unsustainable Fad diet Or overeating by eating out for most meals, she says.

This meant that her weight fluctuated for years, and whenever she lost some weight, she always gained more back.

But on her 21st birthday, she says, she decided to make a change and embark on a final, healthy fitness journey.

She says she ate in small Calorie deficitI prepared her meals in advance and made sure she ate plenty of food protein. Most importantly, she says, she didn’t cut any foods from her diet and was patient.

This led to Cohen Lose 50 pounds In 2017, she has maintained her weight for seven years since.

“I made a promise to myself that instead of hating myself for being thin, I would love myself for being healthy,” Cohen told Business Insider. “Every time I’ve tried to lose weight, I’ve tried to do it for a man, or on vacation, or for a special occasion, or on New Year’s, and this was the first time I’ve done it for me.”

Cohen says that before losing weight, she would eat pints of ice cream at once.

Cohen maintained her weight loss for seven years.
General Cohen

“I would eat very large amounts of food and feel physically worse afterward because I was lacking a certain amount of self-love,” Cohen said. But she’s worked on her mindset and self-love and no longer “attacks food,” she says, meaning she’s now able to eat a single serving of ice cream, for example.

Cohen, who is now a certified nutrition coach who helps other women lose fat, shared examples with BI of how she ate before and after losing weight, explaining how she changed her diet.

Diet before losing weight

Leaving her family home to go to college means Cohen can eat whatever she wants, which is new, she says.

She says she ate every meal out, which wasn’t difficult because she lived above a café.

An average eating day will be:

  • Breakfast: Blueberry muffin or chocolate croissant with caramel macchiato

  • Lunch: Mongolian-style noodles with meat, vegetables and oily sauces from the food stall

  • Dinner: Medium Domino’s pizza and chicken Caesar salad

  • Dessert: half a liter of ice cream

Domino’s pizza “It was my favorite food ever. And in college, you’re pretty broke, but for $5.99, you can get a medium pizza, and for $5 more, you can get a whole chicken Caesar salad, so I would literally order that and eat all of it,” Cohen said. “

Cohen says she ate large meals, so she only snacked a lot in a social setting. She says she ate candy about 50% of the time.

Diet after weight loss

Cohen says it is She maintained her weight loss This is done by following the 80/20 principle: eat nutritious foods 80% of the time and what you want the remaining 20%.

She says she snacks a little more because her meals are smaller but overall consumes less, which means she doesn’t gain weight.

Average eating day now:

  • Breakfast: Homemade protein pancakes (protein powder, eggs, and ripe banana)

  • Lunch: chicken, rice and cauliflower. Or ground beef, sweet potatoes and asparagus

  • Dinner: Sweet potato skillet with ground turkey

  • Snacks: An apple, a cup of Greek yogurt, a protein shake, or rice cakes topped with cottage cheese and chili oil.

Cohen says she keeps her lunches simple because she prepares them in advance, but she makes sure they consist of a source of protein, vegetables, and starch. Nutrition experts agree that a balanced meal should contain protein, carbohydrates, fats and fiber.

Dinner varies more, she says, but she and her boyfriend eat out once a week, and go out to eat once a week.

When cooking, she says she likes to prepare healthy versions of her favorite energy-dense meals, which allows her to maintain a healthy balance.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: