Bass Fishing HOF Honors ’23 Inductees – ‘Celebrate Fishing Week’ Kicks Off Later This Month – Fishing Equipment Retailer
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Bass Fishing HOF invites anyone with a passion for the sport of bass fishing to “Celebrate Fishing Week” activities. The week of activities will end on Thursday, September 28y With an induction ceremony honoring Glenn Andrews for his early tournament efforts, the late Bruce Holt for his work developing modern bass rods and expanding the world of bass fishing, and professional bass angler Michael Iaconelli for his impact on the sport. They will be formally honored in the auditorium that evening at the Johnny Morris Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium. Events on September 28thy Includes a private plaque unveiling ceremony sponsored by Phoenix Boats inside WOW’s auditorium venue, a meet-and-greet with past inductees, and a dinner sponsored by BASS at the White River Convention Center, followed by acceptance speeches by inductees or their family representatives.
“Since the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame established a home among the wonders of wildlife in 2017, the Hall’s annual induction ceremony and all of our surrounding activities have become a marquee event in the world of sport fishing,” said BFHOF Chairman John Mazurkiewicz. “Not only do past Hall inductees, current professional anglers in the BASS and MLF circuits, and many of the leading fishing and marine brands support this event, our efforts to increase the importance of the Hall because of it have enabled the HOF Board of Directors to Doing more to support conservation projects for the benefit of bass fishing and bass fishermen. We have also been able to encourage high school and college students to pursue fisheries management careers through our scholarship program. Past and new Hall inductees can take credit for their efforts in the sport of Fishing for bass will only help it continue to grow.
To support the Hall’s “Celebrate – Promote – Preserve” mission in the world of bass fishing, along with honoring Andrews, Holt and Iaconelli for their efforts in the sport, anglers across the United States and Canada can participate in the “Celebrate Bass Fishing” online. The auction, sponsored by the Major League Hunting, begins Friday, September 22ndSecond abbreviation (https://bit.ly/AuctionHOF). Here is a short list of some of the key items up for bid:
- A “Bucket List” fishing trip with fishing legend and HOF’er Bill.
- Tournament shirts from top professional anglers.
- Original artwork from renowned hunting/wildlife illustrator Doug Shermer.
- Fishing trips with top MLF professional anglers including BFHOF inductees Tommy Biffle and Mark Davis, Bass Pro Tour Angler-of-the-Year and Rookie-of-the-Year winners Matt Becker, Skeet Reese, Mark Rose, Jeremy Lawyer, Roy Hawk, Jacob Wall, Ryan Salzman, Fred Romanis, Jonathon VanDam, Alex Davis, and Kyle Hall, along with 2023 Bassmaster Classic winner “Gussie” Gustafson, and Brandon Palahniuk among others.
- Rods, reels and lures from leading brands including Daiwa, Strike King, Lew’s, PRADCO, Rapala, Big Bite Baits, SPRO, Sunline, St. Croix, Shimano, Googan Baits, Bass Mafia, American Tackle, Mustad, Abu Garcia, Berkley, Plano, Falcon Rods, Trica, and Bass Baits.
- Technical fishing apparel from AFTCO, Simms, HUK, and Marsh Wear, as well as clothing from Mossy Oak, Toyota, and Mercury Marine.
- Coolers and drinkware from PacBak, Yeti, Igloo and Dometic.
- Fishing adventures including largemouth bass action and alligator fishing at Louisiana’s Gros Savane Resort, smallmouth bass fishing trips on Lake St. Clair, St. Lawrence River and Cayuga Lake, snakehead fishing on the Potomac River with Fat Cat Newton,
- Unique tour packages from the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, and the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, along with a VIP experience at the upcoming Whiskey Myers Gala.
- Hunting items from Burris Optics, Sig Sauer, Summit Treestands, Moultrie and more.
Fishing enthusiasts across the United States and Canada can access the online auction on their smartphones by texting bfhof to 243-725 or BidPal.net/bfhof
The Bass Fishing Hall of Fame would like to express its appreciation for the generous financial support of our presenting sponsors: BASS, Major League Fishing, and Phoenix Boats; Gold Sponsors: Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s, PRADCO Outdoor Brands, Wired2fish and; silver sponsors AFTCO, Daiwa, Rapala, Rather Outdoors and Shimano; And the bronze shepherds of St. Croix, Simms Fishing, Sunline, Bass Fishing Archives, Yamaha Marine, and Costa Compete & Conserve.
A limited number of tickets to the induction ceremonies and HOF dinner remain available through Friday, September 22Second abbreviation , or until the White River Conference Center facility reaches its capacity limits. To purchase tickets and/or tables – visit bidpal.net/bfhof – or contact Barbara Bowman at email@example.com or call 501.541.6601.
The Fishing Hall of Fame is a non-profit organization led by a volunteer board of directors dedicated to celebrating, promoting and preserving the sport of fishing. Since 2017, the Hall’s inductees and memorabilia representing the history of bass fishing have been on display at the Johnny Morris Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium in Springfield, Missouri, where it has quickly become a popular destination. The 2023 BFHOF Induction Banquet will be held on September 28, 2023 at Wonders of Wildlife.
For more information about the Hall, its mission, and to become a supporting member, Visit www.BassFishingHOF.com, Or contact BFHOF Executive Director Barbara Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.