Time to check out another Baldur’s Gate 3 update! With several hotfixes and two major patches, there is another fix to fix more bugs and bring general improvements to dialogue, gameplay, and multiplayer support. To learn more, read on to find a full list of the September 5 Hotfix 5 Patch Notes for Baldur’s Gate 3.
Be careful, though; There are a few spoilers ahead!
baldur’s gate 3 september 5 hotfix 5 update patch notes
This fifth hotfix mainly focuses on multiplayer bug fixes, general flow, gameplay tweaks, and changes to dialogue with Minthara. If you’ve been interested in her while playing, you’ll now notice some new conversation topics that delve deeper into her backstory.
There are also some spoilersso be careful when reading!
With all said and done, let’s find out Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 5 patch notes.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be blocked from several lines of dialogue in Minthara.
Malfunctions and barriers
- Fixed sometimes not being able to talk to NPCs or party members because the game thought you were still in dialogue.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when distant characters approach the party.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a guard responding to an offense creates a summon (eg, elemental), and you escape from combat or become incapacitated without killing the summon.
- Fixed an issue that caused game audio to stop working on PS5.
- Fixed graphical issues on HDR TVs when the HDR black level calibration was set to 0.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the on-screen keyboard.
- Fixed a memory leak when creating and destroying too many objects.
- Improved performance when navigating through Character Sheet tabs in split screen.
- Fixed an issue where split screen would not work properly when a customer who already has split screen enabled joins a multiplayer game.
- Fixed rejected avatars not showing up correctly in Withers’ wardrobe if the host is at camp and is already looking inside the wardrobe.
- Fixed characters sometimes disappearing on split screen when client reconnects after disconnecting while listening to dialogue.
- Customers who rejoin a multiplayer game where there is a rejected avatar in Withers’ Wardrobe will now be able to select that avatar again instead of having to create a new avatar. (This error occurs when an Operator leaves the session and another player selects that Operator’s avatar in the middle of the Send to Camp dialog.)
Related: Baldur’s Gate 3: How to get the Dawnmaster Emblem in BG3
streaming and playing
- Traders NPCs will now retain their avatars and companions’ approval rating even after they’ve been banished to Weathers’ locker.
- Fixed the Emperor not dying and therefore not triggering the Game Over stream if I get him to 0 HP outside of combat in Astral Plane.
- Fixed not being able to talk to Minthara in camp if you kick her out of camp.
- Fixed leveling up not working as expected if you level up while saving the game.
- Fixed an issue where Hag’s Bane had no effect on Aunt Ethel.
- Fixed text that was cut off in the title of the tutorial popups.
- The fixed button prompts to cut into the split-screen multiplayer settings screen.
- Fixed some UIs not updating on save, causing, for example, Shadowheart’s inventory to appear empty when recruited on the beach.
- Fixed the number of tadpoles in the radial menu on the console.
- Fixed a character crash when the Analog Stick Selection setting is set to Left Stick and you rotate the stick in circles as far as possible.
- Added nipple covers to Cazador’s appearance when the nudity filter is enabled.
- Withers’ locker was moved to the incubation camp to avoid running into Shadowheart’s tent.
This is the end of the fifth hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3, released on September 5, 2023. Be sure to check out the official Steam announcement if you want to discuss the update with others in the community!
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC and Mac, and soon on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. To learn more about the game, check out How to Get Blood of Lathander Mace in BG3, or click the game tag below to dive deeper into our growing list of articles!