An American couple’s 15-month-old daughter died of a rare disease, and they then turned her into stone

An American couple’s 15-month-old daughter died of a rare disease, and they then turned her into stone

An American couple's 15-month-old daughter died of a rare disease, and they then turned her into stone

The couple chose an option that was completely new to them: parting stones.

After the heartbreaking loss of their 15-month-old daughter, Idaho couple Kaylee and Jake Massey chose a special and purposeful approach to ensuring their late little girl’s presence in their home. In April 2023, the couple endured the unthinkable when their daughter Poppy, diagnosed with the rare genetic disorder TBCD, died when she was 9 months old.

“When she was born, we knew absolutely nothing. She was perfect for us. When she was about 4 months old, we noticed that her vision wasn’t developing properly. So after some doctor’s appointments and ophthalmologist appointments, it was decided that Ms. Massey said she needed An MRI of her brain the people. “When she was 5 months old, we finally got it, and an MRI showed that the middle part of her brain, the corpus callosum, had not developed properly, if at all.”

“After that, we kept getting diagnosis after diagnosis, but there was no definitive diagnosis…and after doing the most advanced genetic testing on the market, we got the scariest news when we found out she had a genetic disorder. I think at that time she was the 38th child in the family.” The world has been diagnosed with this disease. “Geneticists had never heard of this before…I don’t think we realized how serious the diagnosis was. We were really naive about it.”

A few days before their daughter’s death, the baby girl developed a respiratory infection. She was admitted to hospital, and recalls: “I panicked because I felt like Bobbi couldn’t breathe, and Bobbi and I were getting very nervous.”

Doctors informed the couple that Bobbie had pneumonia in her lungs and had also tested positive for a respiratory infection.

“There were other kids who had this hereditary condition of tuberculosis, and they got pneumonia and they stayed in the hospital, and they’re there for a week and then they go home. So we just heard from these other families that they beat it, and then ‘they go home, and they live on 3 to 5 years. “We were shocked that her body couldn’t take it anymore.”

The next day, Kylie and Jake receive news that they have to move Bobby to the intensive care unit (ICU).

“They said it in a positive way. They said, ‘They have better equipment there, and Bobbie will get the care she needs.’

“It was right as we were pushing her bed into her new room in the ICU…and when we almost stopped her bed, her eyes kind of looked up at me and I said, ‘Oh, Bobby, you’re eyes open.’ “Then her heart stopped. Immediately, the charge nurse started doing CPR and people were just screaming, ‘Call code,’ and frantic chaos ensued at that point.”

“It was probably around 6:00 a.m. when she coded, and so we spent about five hours with her. We called our parents, who were watching our other two kids, and they were able to come over and say goodbye,” she shared. . “We felt it was very important that Rosie and Peter were there to say goodbye… We had to say to them: ‘Your sister is going to die today.'”

When it came time for Kylie and Jake to make a decision about Bobby’s remains, the couple made a choice that was completely new to them: Parting stones.

“We were sitting in the funeral home and they handed us a catalog to decide what to do with our daughter, and it was absolutely horrific to turn those pages and have to choose an urn,” she says. “We knew we wanted to cremate her because we wanted her ashes with us at home. Having two young children in the house, we didn’t want anything in our home that our kids would be afraid of, afraid of breaking, afraid to look at, and we felt like the urn could have that presence in Our house.”

“We didn’t feel like this was right for our family, but honestly, there wasn’t an option that was right for our family. We were looking through this catalog, and there was this picture of these really beautiful stones, and we were kind of a ‘nature family.’ We like to get out and do things. And I remember my husband and I stopped and looked at that page,”

“We brought the catalog home, and thought about it for a few days before we gave them our answer. We felt that if all the options were bad, then this one seemed to be the least bad option. We chose the ‘least bad’ option for us, and we also tried to put Rosie and Peter in in the first place. What would they feel most comfortable with?

A few months later, the family received a “beautiful box” with a handwritten note. “It was so beautifully said. It was like: ‘Thank you for entrusting us with your daughter.’ “It was an honor to have her in our care. “It was very personal, and I remember opening that card and feeling like these people cared about my daughter.

“We kept opening these little bags that had the stones in them, and I remember at first the stones were so beautiful. They’re white with little flecks of yellow in them, and they say they don’t do anything to kill them.” “Ash,” Kylie explains. “I don’t know what the little specks of yellow are, but they look like a little special gift.”

(Tags for translation) Her daughter died of a rare disease, then the parents turned her into stones

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *