All 17 ACC football programs compete in Week 1, highlighted by Boston College at Florida State on Labor Day Monday night
Charlotte, North Carolina (theACC.com) – In leading to ACC Huddle: View 2024 football schedule release On Wednesday, January 24, from 5-7pm ET on ACC Network and simulcast on ESPN2, the Atlantic Coast Conference today announced the games scheduled for Week 1. All 17 ACC football programs will be in action throughout Labor Day weekend, highlighted by Boston College. In Florida on Monday evening.
As previously announced, Georgia Tech and Florida State will compete in a Week 0 season opener that will be played in Ireland.
Week 0 – In Ireland with ESPN’s College Gameday was built by The Home Depot
• Two ACC teams in Florida State and Georgia Tech will be a part of history in Week 0 of the 2024 season, reports ESPN College GameDay was built by The Home Depot The Aer Lingus College Football Classic will be broadcast live for the first time outside the United States from Dublin, Ireland, on Saturday, August 24, 2024, to kick off the 2024 season.
• Florida State, which was part of ESPN’s first showing of College GameDay in 1993, will make its 35th appearance. Georgia Tech will make its sixth appearance on the pregame show.
Week 1 – The full slate of football over Labor Day Weekend
• All 17 ACC football programs will be on display throughout Labor Day weekend, with 16 games over five days, Aug. 29-Sept. 2.
• Labor Day weekend begins on Thursday, August 29 with three games, as North Carolina will travel to Minnesota in a rematch from last season, NC State will host Western Carolina, and Wake Forest will open the season at home versus North Carolina A&T.
• Friday, Aug. 30, will see new member Stanford host TCU, while Duke will begin its first year under new coach Manny Diaz with a home game versus Elon.
• Saturday’s slate will be highlighted by three matchups between the ACC and SEC, including a 2024 Chick-fil-A Championship kickoff matchup between Clemson and Georgia at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, and a competitive in-state non-conference showdown with traveling Miami To Florida. And Virginia Tech is down the road at Vanderbilt. Pitt will open its home game against Kent State, Syracuse will host Ohio State, and Louisville will face Austin Peay in Louisville, Kentucky. In-state matchups on Saturday include Cal hosting UC Davis, Georgia Tech versus Georgia State, SMU taking on Houston Christian, and Virginia hosting Richmond.
• The ACC will once again play at least one team on Labor Day Monday to end an eventful opening weekend of ACC football, as Boston College will travel south to take on defending 2023 ACC champion Florida State in Tallahassee, Florida. This marks the 15th consecutive year (excluding the 2020 COVID season) that the ACC has played on Labor Day and the 18th year since Florida State and Miami played on Labor Day in 2005.
The ACC’s new schedule model for the 2024-2030 season, which was unveiled exclusively on ACC Network in October, will continue without divisions, feature 17 schools with the additions of Cal, SMU and Stanford, and will increase the number of annual conference games from 56 to 68. Based on winning percentage in conference, the top two teams will square off in the ACC Football Championship Game on the first Saturday in December at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Tomorrow, January 23 PM ACC It will exclusively reveal specialty Thursday and Friday night matches. PM ACC It airs at 4pm ET on the ACC Network.
the ACC Huddle: View 2024 football schedule release The full 2024 ACC football schedule will be announced on Wednesday, January 24, from 5-7 PM ET on ACC Network and simulcast on ESPN2.