The older I get the more I wish I had the wisdom I have now as a Grandparent when I had my kids, I think about all the things I taught my kids, the things I told them were important about life and living and now I think of what I want to tell my Grandchildren from all that I have learned in the 30 years that have passed since I had kids of my own.
Dear Little Miss O and Little Miss M:
Take chances, take little ones and big life changing ones.
Travel while your young before you get married and have kids, traveling with a family is purely about the responsibility to keep everyone else safe and when you get older you may not have your health- so travel young , when your only responsibility is to yourself and your dreams.
Get up early and watch the sunrise, it’s the universe’s invitation for a clean slate and a brand new day.
Stay up late and watch the sunset, it’s a beautiful reminder of a day well done.
Find a spot that you love in nature- in the woods or by a body of water close to home and return there when your heart and life get heavy, it will remind you that everything is going to be okay.
Don’t give yourself away. Always keep something sacred and safe within yourself that is only yours. Life will drain you, children and husbands and work. You need a reserve for yourself so you don’t break. You are no good to anyone else if you are drained.
Your credit score is as if , if not more important than your education and grades. If your credit is good you can have and do anything you want in this world. If it’s not, it will be a constant and forever struggle to stay afloat.
Before you marry someone do these four things with them
- Take a road trip
- Spend two days with them doing nothing that involves spending any money
- Work together
- Watch someone’s else’s children together for a weekend
Hold these things in your heart and always remember them
- Your parents did the best they could
- Love is ALWAYS worth it
- Friends will remind you of your beauty and light , even when your world is dark, hold on to them, cherish them
- You have no right to judge other’s people’s choices, lest they judge yours
- Follow your dreams, no matter how many time you get sidetracked, drop bread crumbs along the way so you are always able to find your way back to them
- Life is beautiful and then it’s really ugly and then …if you just hold on, it’s really beautiful again. ALWAYS HOLD ON.
When your heart is broken do these things
- Read books
- Listen to music
- Take long walks
- Sit by a body of water in silence
- Spend time with your friends
- Take road trips by yourself
- You will get through this, I know it doesn’t feel like it, but you will and your life will be transformed and changed in a good way that puts you on the path to even better things. This is a test, this is only a test.
Life in general
- Life owes you nothing, you only owe yourself to life, so grab it, run with it and make it what you want.
- Have compassion for others, but remember it is not your job to fix them
- The most important person in your life is YOU
- Everything is better when you are outside
- Respect will get you everywhere
- Trust your intuition
- Believe in angels, believe they are always watching over you
- It’s okay to cry, it’s also okay to laugh at inappropriate times, do whatever gets you through to the other side.
- Drop the guard, it’s only holding you back
Live like you are living, don’t always live afraid that if you do this or that you will die, we are all going to die and none of us know when. SO eat the cake, dance in the rain, take the risk, love with abandon, appreciate it while you are here instead of wasting it always propelled in to the moment in the future of where it might end up.
I hope you find someone to spend your life with that loves you like I love you , see’s in you what I see, and dreams for you what I dream for you.
- You are beautiful and amazing and one of a kind , you are funny and sweet
- Every time I see you my heart races a little bit faster
- I miss you when your gone
- My life is infinitely better because you are in it
- I want only what is best for you
- I will support you, listen to you and always try to appreciate your side
- Your happiness is as important to me as my own
What are some life lessons you want to share with your kids or grandchildren?